I fell in love with New York, when I was just 10 years, Geography lesson, one of my favorite subjects, because when we studied the places I never visited, I DREAM with open eyes that one day I would be there .. and when I saw the photos of the twin towers, on the school book, and the teacher had a film projected on Newyork, I fell in love with madness, I was 10, and today almost 33 years, I’ve been there 4 times, and I’m planning a fifth , for my 33rd birthday..
So I decided to write about the city that I love most in the world, what must be seen once you are there for the first time.
To be calculated first, that to visit New York for the first time and see it all, it takes at least 6 days.
NY, has 3 wonderful airports, for those coming from Europe it is easier to find flights landing at JFK, because the other two are for domestic flights.
The JFK, is located in Queens, a neighborhood reborn, after the degradation of the 80s, moving to Manhattan is very easy, there are trains and buses at all hours, rivers of taxis and cars and private buses that can also be booked from europe itself.
Staying in Manhattan, it’s easy there are millions of hotel hosts, houses for rent ..
First of all you have to understand what kind of accommodation I wish on my first trip I was a guest and I stayed at the ONE Millenium hotel, near the United Nations building, it was my first time in a 5 star hotel, and it was crazy to wake up every morning looking at the east river from the 22nd floor, the next several times was different. Because every time is an area, a different road, because every time must be special, but from these experiences I understand what is the area where you have to stay to be in the center or almost Manhattan, the answer is obviously TIME SQUARE, and not I’m telling you to stay precise in Time Square, because you would risk not sleeping.
So I would opt for the sixth / week avenue, or the 46th up, or to go down to the 38th.
For budgets you have to follow your instincts and wallets, remember that NewYork is for every budget but you have to use your head.
After finding the best accommodation for you, it’s time to think about visiting the city.
THE TOP 10
To be premised that it must be visited throughout, from top to bottom, but since you can not always see everything you must have a list of “must see”
1: TOP OF THE ROCK: better known as the Rockefeller Center terrace, from there, you will see all of Manhattan and its surroundings, of course there are also Empire and Freedom tower that I will put on the list, but from here, consider what I did, arrive in the late afternoon in Manhattan, climb the TOP OF THE ROCK and admire the sunset over the city, the sunset that kisses the skyscrapers of NY and the first lights that light up, like those of EMPIRE, I think it’s a thing to do as soon as you arrive.
2. ROCKFELLER CENTER, especially if you go to NY in the winter, absolutely deserves to be visited, with its beautiful tree (icon of Christmas trees) and with the skating rink is one of the most magical places in the Christmas period.
But no problem if you go there at any other time of the year, because with its wonderful tables to have lunch or simply drink something surrounded by thousands of shops you will feel very New Yorkers.
3. TIME SQUARE, the fulcrum, the center, the navel of Manhattan, the most fascinating place in the world, millions of people pass by every day, the square where it always seems day.
4. STATUE OF LIBERTY, from any perspective you look at it is wonderful, I suggest you, to run to Battery Park and make one of those ferry tickets, stop first at liberty island, and then Ellis Island.
5. GROUND ZERO, the attack on the Twin Towers, the attack on my beloved NY, hit me deep in my heart, I loved that symbol of NewYork, and I dreamed of climbing and touching the sky from there, unfortunately, the monster of terrorism, has broken 2974 lives of innocent souls, and millions of hearts.
over the years they have been reborn scratch, and its rebirth is a demonstration of how strong the entire population of New York is.
My first time there dates back to 2012, and raise my eyes to the sky near the two wonderful fountains created to commemorate the names and never forget what happened, well I cried like never before, I saw all the scenes in my eyes .
Then I went there in 2014 with my mother, and they were finishing the museum in memory of 911, so when I returned in 2016, for the fifteen years, of the attack, and I could visit the NATIONAL 911 MUSEUM, it deserves to be visited, to understand the suffering of an entire nation.
6. CENTRAL PARK: it’s the biggest park I’ve ever seen, beautiful, history and the hub of Manhattan, it’s great and to visit it all (please do it on foot) it really takes a three or four hours, but believe me it’s worth the penalty, there are, the baseball fields, the rides of children, the Bethesda Terrace, one of the most beautiful places in NY, seen in hundreds of films, go there on a beautiful sunny day and tell me if it was worth it .
7. BROOKLYN BRIDGE: imagine the sunrise a hot coffee in the right hand, the camera, in the other and put yourself in the middle of the Brooklyn Bridge in the middle between the two cities, and wait for the sunrise to kiss the skyscrapers of in Manhattan and close to the Brooklyn promenade, my friends believe is the most poetic thing ever made.
8. FIFTH AVENUE, it is not a matter of shopping, but on the fifth avenue, the very famous fifth avenue, there are the museums, the shops, the galleries and the most beautiful parks, find the NYPL, the MET, THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING .. more.
9. PROMENADE BROOKLYN HEIGHTS, Manhattan is spectacular, but also the other neighborhoods are not far behind, the first three trips I had never approached Brooklyn, but in December 2017, I decided that I had to visit it, because a true lover of New York must see everything, and do not stop at the glistening.Then I took the train from time square, and I rushed to see Brooklyn, crazy, beautiful, in all its streets, streets that took me to the Promenade first and then to Dumbo, from this side of the Manhattan river is divine.
10. SHOPPING, everywhere and for all budgets, NewYork, both for food and shopping, NY, is for all budgets, so anyone will tell you that you can not afford it, do not believe it and pack your bags because at least once in your life you have to take a trip like this.
believe me you can visit all the most beautiful places in the world, but at least once in your life, you must visit, because new york will take your heart.